CarterMackay Industry Sector Business Development Manager
The Company is seeking a solution-focused sales professional responsible for representing our Industry Practice areas, and driving the sales cycle for new opportunities within existing and prospective clients. The individual will be responsible for identifying and contacting prospective clients, identifying opportunities for project based services, and presenting the company’s portfolio of solutions and related services. The business development manager will also participate in strategic account planning sessions, territory reviews, and deal specific account strategy calls to identify how the company can increase our competitive position by being a differentiator in the sales cycle. Once deals are qualified, the business development manager will work with the company practice leads and executives to submit proposals for projects, participate in information discovery sessions with clients, conduct scope definition exercises related to the proposed implementation, including phasing, staffing, overall pricing and facilitating the process to close deals including final negotiation.
- Selling professional services-related solutions.
- Respond to existing and prospective client requests for proposals (RFPs).
- Participate in account strategy sessions.
- Represent the company in all aspects of the sales cycle.
- Participate and facilitate sessions to define project scope, approach, staffing and pricing.
- Deliver value focused / results oriented proposals.
- Meet or exceed assigned sales target.
- Develop and maintain a quality pipeline of prospects through various marketing channels and personal networks.
- Works to build and maintain long term relationships with client sponsors and stakeholders.
- 5+ years of proven experience selling solutions in a professional services environment.
- Proven success selling within the target industry is preferred.
- Strong business analysis, solution crafting, interaction management, and presentation skills and the ability to interact with client C-level executives.
- Should have an in depth knowledge of selling strategies, development of proposals, contracts, close plans and statements of work for professional services.
- Should have the “hunter” mentality and the ability to network and build their book of business from existing relationships and/or cold calling.
- Proven ability to exceed sales quotas.
- Ability to develop executive level relationships.
- Strong communication and negotiation skills required.
- Ability to work in a matrix, fast paced, high growth environment.
- Willingness to travel.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills in order to liaise between the user community, executive sponsors, and the company team.
* Base is commensurate with experience.